Dr. Alejandro Pérez Paz
Post-doc Juan de la Cierva - Incorporación
- alejandro [dot] perez [at] ehu [dot] es
- +34-(943) 01 8554
- +34-(943) 01 8390
- Current position
- Postdoctoral Researcher
- Centro Joxe Mari Korta, Avenida de Tolosa 72, 2nd floor. Donostia - San Sebastián, 20018 Spain.
- Research Overview
I am interested in the following research topics:
(1) Identification of two-level systems in amorphous alumina. See a
metadynamics simulation of a bistable motif that behaves as a TLS in Al2O3 glass at 5 K (oxygen [aluminum] atoms are the red or magenta [grey] spheres). Click here for a short summary and here for an illustrative figure. Click here for more details.
(2) Hydrogen-bonded liquids: structure and dynamics. Confined water in carbon nanotubes: optics and dynamics.
(3) Path integrals in quantum mechanics:
development of novel algorithms and applications to complex systems.
(4) Molecular pseudo-potential theory.
(5) Novel integrators for molecular dynamics.
(6) Methods to compute free energy differences in complex systems (umbrella sampling, metadynamics, blue-moon ensemble, lambda dynamics, etc).
(7) Algorithms in quantum chemistry to describe electronic correlation.
(8) Phase transitions and nucleation theory in bulk systems.
(9) Thermal conductivity of carbon nanotubes.
(10) Applications of compressed-sensing to chemistry: See our poster.
(11) Electronic properties of wet metal surfaces. Reactivity of organic molecules on metal surfaces. STM and AFM simulation.
Related Research Areas
- Imaging Single-Molecule Reaction Intermediates Stabilized by Surface Dissipation and Entropy
- A. Riss, A. Pérez Paz, S. Wickenburg, H-Z. Tsai, D. G. de Oteyza, A. J. Bradley, M. M. Ugeda, P. Gorman, H. Sae Jung, M. F. Crommie, A. Rubio, F. R. Fischer
Nature Chemistry 8, 678 - 683 (2016)
- Noncovalent Dimerization after Enediyne Cyclization on Au(111)
- D. G. de Oteyza, A. Pérez Paz, Y.-C. Chen, Pedramrazi, A. Riss, S. Wickenburg, H.-Z. Tsai, F. R. Fischer, M. F. Crommie, A. Rubio
Journal Of The American Chemical Society 138, 10963 - 10967 (2016)